Tuesday 14 May 2013

REVIEW | Rivaj-UK Long Lasting Matte Kajal Pencil

So you thought you have to spend a good amount of money to get your hands on an intense, matte, and long lasting kajal pencil that would stay in your waterline without smudging and smearing? Well! Don't worry sweetie, on Rivaj-UK Long Lasting Matte Kajal pencil you will not have to spend more than 100 PKR and it will stay put in your eyes, giving you that perfect eastern eyes that you long for.






Look at the Oh So Pigmented swatch on the paper!
Swatch - Just a single swipe, No building up!


Rivaj-Uk is a Uk based brand, it's products are easily available in Pakistan. Like all brands, some of the products are huge hits while others don't perform quite well but this kohl pencil is everything that I ever wanted to have in my kajal, that's why I instantly fell in love when I first tried it. Believe me this thing is insanely pigmented, you don't have to drag this pencil on your waterline for 3 or 4 times to get the opaque colour, just swipe it gently on your waterline and that's all. I use this to tightline my eyes as well, and I'd say I haven't thought to look for a better product yet. I will not say that it doesn't smudge at all, yes it does but setting it with a black powder eyeshadow would definitely help. I also keep a cotton bud in my cosmetics bag always, so after three or four hours I run the cotton bud across and under my lashline to get a neat look again.

Now comes the claim of being waterproof. When I swatched this kohl pencil on my wrist, I had to wash it with soap and water to remove it completely, only water wasn't enough for it. The other day, I was wearing this kohl in my waterline as usual and went to a salon to get my eyebrows plucked, (oversharing maybe :-/ but I need to share honest details with you guys) now my eyes get watery during the process but this kohl was still intact there, without giving me panda eyes (Aww btw I love pandas ^_^). So yes, this is waterproof but if you have very watery eyes or you're in a habit of rubbing your eyes then you would most probably end up with raccoon eyes.

Amazing Factors:


  • Amazingly pigmented
  • Lasts for more than 24 hours in my waterline
  • Doesn't smudge and smear crazily
  • Affordable
  • Available easily all across Pakistan

Not So Amazing Factors:

  • If you have very watery eyes, it may give you raccoon eyes

I got my Rivaj-UK kajal pencil from a local store for 55 PKR (some 9 - 10 months ago) now it costs 75 PKR. You can either find it in your local cosmetics store or can order it online, Eye Love Makeup sells the complete range of Rivaj-UK products.

Overall, I'll rate this product 4.5/5

Have you tried this kajal pencil? How did it work for you? Have other favourites, share them with me!

Much Love,
Zubia Rizvi

14 comments:

  1. i always wanted something like this...sure gonna but this...i am not even happy with my high end pencil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will not be disappointed Shafaq. Do share your experience after trying this out! xx

      Delete
  2. amazing pigmentation :) worth buying... thankx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about it at all thanks for sharing girl nice review xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try it my pencil is about to finish...
    great review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best eyeliner in affordable price
    Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  6. now this is something i was searching for

    ReplyDelete
  7. can u tell me where do i find this it karachi :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a steal! The pigmentation looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowww m def tempted ... will buy it soon IA
    great review :)
    http://makeupoholics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to share your thoughts. I love hearing back from you. Please avoid spamming the comment box with irrelevant and unnecessary links! :)

You may also like to read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...