Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System has to be my best investment in skin care department up till now. I had my concerns regarding the product, like the brush being too harsh for my sensitive skin or the short life of the product and the dreaded purging phase – but I have nothing but good words to say about it after the usage of over 6 months.
Olay Professional PRO-X Advanced Cleansing System
Olay Professional PRO-X Advanced Cleansing System is proven to cleanse skin 6 times better and helps maximize the immediate moisturizing effectiveness of your anti-aging moisturizer. Professionally designed with the following features:
- 2-speed, rotating system delivers daily deep cleansing and gentle exfoliation.
- Water resistant for use in the shower. (do not submerge in water)
- Replaceable soft bristle head brush. (included).
- 2 AA batteries also included.
What is it? Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System is a battery operated cleansing system that comes with a detachable brush head.
How to use it? Dampen your face and the brush surface. Squeeze a little amount of your cleanser and spread it on your face. Turn on the cleansing system and gently move around your face for not more than 60 seconds. Set the speed according to the sensitivity level of your skin. Rinse off your face. Separate the brush from system and wash thoroughly.
Before commenting on the performance of this cleansing system by Olay Pro-X, let me tell you details about my skin, that way you’ll understand better how it has improved the overall look and state of my skin. I have oily skin with a problem of enlarged pores. I got my acne treated in my mid-teens, after that I don’t get pimples or acne but some occasional breakouts and zits. I don’t have any severe blackheads but if I’m not careful with my skin care regimen, I get some on my nose, and pretty stubborn ones.
I got my Olay Pro-X in August, if I remember correctly and have been using it regularly since then. Mine is a L.E, hence pink in colour, the regular one is white. Since I got it in summers, my skin was behaving as an oil producing factory; as a result my skin was looking horrible due to clogged pores and their enlarged appearance. I started using it every night before going to bed regularly. The bristles of brush are very gently and with their uniform movement pulls out every bit of dust and dirt from skin. My skin looks instantly bright and clean. With regular use, I could see my blackheads disappearing and my pores shrinking.
Now what’s the science behind the pore shrinking, you ask. Most of the times, our pores appear large due to the sebum and impurities stuck in them. With regular cleansing and moisturizing, the stuck sebum/dirt gets out hence our skin looks bright, our pores small and tone even. Do you know the reason behind increased sebum (oil) production? It’s because your skin feels dehydrated and send your brain signals to produce more oil. Why your skin feels dehydrated after all those moisturizing potions you provide it? It’s prolly because your pores are clogged with all the dirt/debris and your moisturizing potions don’t get absorbed efficiently. When you get rid of all that nasty clogging impurities, your moisturizer will get absorbed efficiently, as a result the oil your skin glands produce will be in a limit.
Olay Pro-X claims that cleansing with their advanced cleansing system is 6 times better than the basic hand cleansing, which in my case has proven true. I’m not proud of it but I’m really sluggish when it comes to following a regular skin care routine. Earlier, I used to do a 3 minutes cleansing followed by a 60 seconds scrubbing and wasn’t wowed by the results but now, 60 seconds with this product generates excellent results. Since it takes less time and effort, I find it easy to follow.
What do you use with your Olay Pro-X cleansing system, is a question I got asked often. This product comes with a small sample of Olay’s own cleanser but I prefer using it with my own facial cleanser and even face wash. Most of the times, I use it with my PONDS No-Blackheads face wash.
Now come the skin purging and detoxifying theory. Some people believe, if you breakout or get pimples in the beginning of a new skin care routine, that’s good. Because this is a way of your skin getting rid of all toxins in the form of acne/pimples. This is something associated with the Clarisonics. With Olay Pro-X, I haven’t experienced any purging but the overall appearance of my skin has definitely improved.
Some Dos and Donts.
- Since it’s already an exfoliating plus deep-cleansing device, avoid using it with facial scrubs else it would be too much for your skin. A mild cleansing gel or even a daily-use face wash would do the job.
- Do not use it for more than sixty seconds. Miracle doesn’t happen overnight. It took me a couple of weeks to get rid of my blackheads and even textured skin. Go easy on your skin.
- Always always and always apply a soothing toner after using this cleansing system to calm your skin. Do not use towel to pat dry your skin, you’ll be transferring bacteria of the towel to your skin that way. Allow your skin to air dry.
- Don’t store your brush head in the storage box before it gets dried completely. A damp brush is an invitation to fungus and bacteria growth.
- Although it says it’s water resistant, it’s not waterproof. I would never use it in the shower.
- When in not regular use, remove the batteries.
- A very budget friendly drugstore item that actually works wonders.
- Definitely provides 6 times better cleansing than the basic hand scrubbing/cleansing.
- A badass solution for lazy people who find it hard to stick to skin care routine, since it’s insanely easy and quick to follow.
- Bristles are pleasantly soft, ideal for sensitive skin.
- Comes with 2-speed buttons, so you can adjust the speed according to your skin sensitivity and requirement.
- Replacement heads are available, so you don’t have to throw away the device once your brush gets worn out.
Not So Amazing Points
- I would have loved it even more if the brush comes with a lid or something. Would be a lot more easier to store it then.
Overall, I’d rate this a 5/5
Would I repurchase? I’d definitely like to upgrade to Clarisonic someday. But for now, I am all set and happy with Olay Pro X. It’s been more than 6 months and my gadget is working fine, if it ever stops working, I’ll order myself a new one.
Olay Pro-X advanced cleansing system is available in stores nation wide and online at Just4Girls.pk. If you don’t mind waiting, order it online via any Facebook page. Find the list here. I got mine in 3K (Sale+Discount Voucher applied) from Facebook based page Makeup&Accessories.
What do you think of these cleansing systems? Tried any? I love mine, and would really appreciate to know your experiences. xx